The 8th annual Miracle Holiday Classic Mite Jamboree returns to the 1932 Jack Shea Arena on Saturday, Dec. 14.
Open to all 6U and 8U teams that are registered through USA Hockey, each team is guaranteed three games and all players receive awards. The Mite Jamboree is sanctioned by USA Hockey and has expanded this year to include a 6U division.
- All 6U + 8U USA Hockey Registered teams are invited to participate.
- Open to 6U & 8U teams (6U is new this year!!)
- 3 games guaranteed.
- All players receive awards.
- $120/team or $220/two teams
Games will tentatively take place between 8 AM and 5 PM.
A detailed schedule will be posted approximately two weeks prior to the event.
JAMBOREE RULES & REGULATIONS
ORGANIZERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR ADAPT ANY RULE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
- 3 cross-ice rinks with dividers separating each rink
- 18 minute games
- 1 minute warm-up
- Running clock
- The buzzer sounds every 90 seconds for line changes
- The ice will be cut every two hours
- Game officials and clock operators provided for all games
- Intermediate nets will be used
- A goaltender in full goalie gear is required to guard the nets and will have full goalie privileges
- When the goalie freezes the puck, or after a goal, the team that shot/scored will retreat to mid ice; the advancing team will receive the puck and play will resume; clock will run
- When a penalty is called, the offending player will be removed from play and must immediately skate to his/her bench
- Play will continue without substitution for the offending player until the next buzzer, when a new 4-player unit takes the ice
- Coaches will use the infraction for instructional purposes, informing the offending player regarding the infraction and how not to repeat it
- The player will be eligible to return for his/her next shift
- In the rare instance that two penalties occur from one team during a shift, a substitute player may go on the ice for the second player returning to the bench; play will never be less than 3-on-4 (or 3-on-3)
- If a player takes repeated penalties or attempts to injure another player, he/she may be removed from the tournament. The on-ice official will have the final judgment.
- No scores will be kept in this tournament
- No individual stats will be kept
- There will be no championship games or trophies
- All participants will receive an award
A NOTE REGARDING LINE CHANGES
- Line changes – if a team would find itself in a line change situation where not all four players are coming off the ice to be replaced by another 4-player unit, the player(s) left on the ice must come back to the bench to “tag up” before continuing play